1. What information do we collect?
- Proficientwriters collects your information when you register on the Proficientwriters site and when you visit Proficientwriters pages.
- Name, and contact information, such as email address, phone number, mobile telephone number, country, education background information, work background details;
- Payment details information required for us to send you payments, like PayPal account email address or bank account details for wire transfer;
- Additional personal information we ask you to submit to authenticate yourself if we believe you are violating site policies (for example, we may ask you to send us a copy of your ID, or to answer additional questions online to help verify your identity);
- Information from your interaction with our sites, services, content and advertising, including, but not limited to, device ID, device type, location, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information.
- Aggregate Information: Proficientwriters collects non-identifying, general, generic and aggregate information to better design our Web site and services.
- Non-Personal Information: Proficientwriters may collect non-personal information as you use Proficientwriters. When you use the site, Proficientwriters, third-party service providers (e.g. Google Analytics), and partners may receive and record non-personal information from cookies, server logs, and similar technology from your browser or mobile device, including your IP address.
- We may combine some Non-Personal Information with the Personal Information we collect. Where we do so, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information if the resulting combination may be used to readily identify or locate you in the same manner as Personal Information alone.
2. How do we store your information?
Proficientwriters maintains control of your information. We protect your information using technical and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to our data centres, and information access authorisation controls.
3. How do we use your Information?
When you use the Proficientwriters site, we may request certain information. Proficientwriters does not share any of your personally identifiable information with any person or entity, other than as set out in this policy. No other third party receives your personally identifiable information except for information required to send your payment, like PayPal email address and/or bank account details for wire transfer. The information we collect is used to improve the content of our web site, used to notify consumers about updates to our web site and for communications, such as customer service.
We may send you a welcome email to verify your account and other transactional emails for operational purposes, such as billing, account management, or system maintenance. You may only stop those emails by terminating your account. We may also send you promotions, product announcements, surveys, newsletters, developer updates, product evaluations, and event information or other marketing or commercial e-mails. You can opt out of receiving these email communications from Proficientwriters at any time by sending an email to [email protected].
We do not rent, sell, or share Personal Information about you with other people or non- affiliated companies for marketing purposes (including direct marketing purposes) without your permission. We may use and share Non-Personal Information for our marketing purposes, including, without limitation, marketing on other websites. For example, we may use the information to control the number of times you have seen an ad, deliver ads tailored to your interests, and measure the effectiveness of ad campaigns. You can prevent us from tailoring our ads to you on other websites by deleting your cookies (see below).
4. Disclosure of your Information
While Proficientwriters.com endeavors to provide the highest level of protection for your information, we may disclose personally identifiable information about you to third parties in limited circumstance, including: (1) with your consent; or (2) when we have a good faith belief it is required by law, such as pursuant to a subpoena or other judicial or administrative order.
If we are required by law to disclose the information that you have submitted, we will attempt to provide you with notice (unless we are prohibited) that a request for your information has been made in order to give you an opportunity to object to the disclosure. We will attempt to provide this notice by email, if you have given us an email address or by postal mail if you have entered a postal address. If you do not challenge the disclosure request, we may be legally required to turn over your information.
In addition, we will independently object to requests for access to information about users of our site that we believe to be improper.
Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser's Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. We honor do not track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
6. Accessing and updating your Information
You can update your information through your account profile settings or by sending an email to [email protected]. If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request us to amend it.
If at any time you wish to remove or delete your PII in whole or part from the Proficienwriters website, you may do so by written request. Understand that by deleting certain required information, you may be limiting or restricting your use of our Website.